Thursday, September 24, 2009

Did the Radiation Work?

I have not had anything to write about my cancer treatment, since I had to wait three months before getting a PSA reading. Today I had a session with my radiologist for which I had my blood drawn and tested last week. PSA came in at 0.04, which, as I recall, counted for "negligible" in my post-surgery blood tests. My radiologist was pleased; and it goes without saying that I was, too! Nevertheless, I shall have to maintain three-month monitoring to make sure that this is not a statistical fluke. Still, this is the best I have felt about my condition since I first consulted my urologist last January.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Congratulations! I remember my husband's three months, then six months, then annual, then not-anymore scan milestones.

He's now been 21 years cancer free. I hope you have a similar experience.

Unknown said...

Those of us who consider ourselves occasional readers and (sadly, occasional) old friends are pleased. First that you chose to write about your experiences, but most of all that things are going well. Congratulations!