Sunday, June 29, 2014

The "Search Company" Abandons Search

I've been away from this site for a couple of days. As a result I was unprepared for the shock of discovering that the search bar was now missing from the top of the page. My initial reaction was that it was a bit bizarre that a company as committed to search as Google should remove the search option from Blogspot blog pages. Then I remembers: Google is not committed to search; it is committed to advertising. Searches that take place within Blogspot are not susceptible to the insertion of advertising that takes place during Google searches. Ironically, when I did a phrase search for "The Rehearsal Studio" along with my last name and the keyword that interested me, there were no ads in my results, probably because none of the results triggered AdSense! So all Google did was take away a convenience through which I could provide new blog posts with relevant hyperlinks, just because it cut off a path to adding ads that might not be there in the first place.

No comments: