Friday, October 12, 2007

Technology Bungles Again!

Having just finished my last post, I happened to notice that Google had placed an ad on it with the text, "Keep the NCLB [No Child Left Behind] Law Strong." My guess is that this ad was placed on the basis of the appearance of the phrase "No Child Left Behind" in yesterday's post. Of course anyone who actually read that post would quickly recognize that it objects to that NCLB law in a variety of ways! I suppose the logic is that the ad will appeal to those who violently disagree with me. I wonder if anyone has ever bother to test that hypothesis!

1 comment:

America Jones said...

those ads are oh-so-clever. i opened up a myspace page and set my religion to "muslim," at which point i started getting served ads about the p.a.t.r.i.o.t. act and law enforcement.