Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Just Sayin’

Nvidia CEO Jenson Huang doing his best to listen patiently to United States President Donald Trump (screen shot from an Al Jazeera video)

I realize that this may sound a little brash. However, given my own background at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, I feel an interjection may be necessary. This involves video that showed up this morning as a NewsFeed article from Al Jazeera. The descriptive text for that video reads as follows:

US President Donald Trump makes a surprise call to the CEO of AI chip company, Nvidia, interrupting a live event to discuss recent fears of AI development. While talking to Jensen Huang over speakerphone, Trump called the concerns ‘a hoax’.

I suppose that, as usual, our President just wanted to attract attention to himself; but I think that he should leave matters of artificial intelligence to students and practitioners of artificial intelligence!

No comments: