The San Francisco Composers Chamber Orchestra, led by Music Director Mark Alburger, will begin the 2016–2017 season next month with a program entitled In Uncertain Times. For this program the instrumentalists of the ensemble will be joined by mezzo Lisa Davila. The composers and their respective offerings will be as follows:
- Roberto Becheri, I Costruttori (the builders): latter-day futurism
- Martha Stoddard, Song of the Loon
- Lisa Scola Prosek, Ubi Sunt (where have they gone): an aria from her opera Lucaria
- Davide Verotta, To the Point
- Stardust (Will Doherty), work not yet titled
- Mark Alburger, Variations on The Romanesca: new bottles for a bass line that dates back to Johann Pachelbel
Davila will sing in the first three selections.
The San Francisco performance of this concert will take place on Saturday, October 15, beginning at 8 p.m. The venue will be the Part Presidio United Methodist Church. This is located in the Inner Richmond at 4301 Geary Boulevard on the corner of 7th Avenue. General admission is $25 with a sliding scale for students and seniors. As of this writing tickets will be available only at the door. Those wishing further information may call 628-400-2144.